Recently, I met with Rick Comstock from aVow Ceremonies and Celebrations. We met early for coffee and had a chance to chat for a while. He came in, nicely dressed and ready to meet with me. It was a stark contrast to my just rolled out of bed and barely got the kids to school on time look. He was very friendly and professional.
Once we got to talking a little, it was clear that he loves what he does. He is a strong presence in the community and he really cares about those around him. As an officiant, he is ready and willing to make it the event you always dreamed of. He loves to customize the ceremony for each couple and will happily accommodate requests for additional readings, self-written vows, music, and anything else you can imagine. If you have a large wedding party, he can even create a short story that will show everyone in attendance how you all came together and ended up at your wedding.
Here are the questions I asked him and the answers he gave.
1. Do you require counseling?
No, but I will offer it if they desire
2. Do you have a back-up in case you get sick?
3. Can a couple choose special readings or music?
Of course! I work with them to create a ceremony that is unique, meaningful and memorable
4. Are you typically there for the rehearsal? Is there an extra fee for that?
Yes, if they desire that. Most couples do. Yes, a small charge
5. Do you allow photographers during the ceremony?
6. Do you have a microphone on a stand or do you wear a small one?
I wear a lapel mic, preferably
7. How many weddings have you performed?
8. How long does the average ceremony last?
9. What do you wear to ceremonies?
Whatever the occasion requires
10. Will you mail the license to the state or is it up to the bride and groom to do this?
I perform this function