Local wedding photographers often get asked for suggestions on catering, florists, gown alterations and so much more. Today's post is all about a local restaurant that offers event catering...The Rib Line. I was able to meet with the owner, Brian, today and got a feel for how the restaurant operates and what type of service you could expect if you chose them as your caterer. Let's just say, I was impressed. I mean, really impressed.
The first thing I noticed when I walked into the Broad Street location was the open feel. It was clean, open, well-lit and just a very pleasant atmosphere. I was promptly greeted by a friendly hostess and seated right away. There was not a dirty table in sight. Everything was VERY clean. The bar area appeared to be well-stocked and there were enough servers to accommodate all the guests.
Brian joined me shortly after I was seated and we were able to chat for a while. He graciously answered all my questions (there were a lot of them) and even fed me and my children while we were there. He didn't even mind the occasional interruption by my kids. He was kind to his staff and they happily took his requests and followed through.
I started out with the "Lil Dipper," their French dip slider. I chose wisely...it was delicious! The flavor was just perfect and the au jus was the perfect compliment. It wasn't over seasoned and was cooked just right. It wasn't greasy (like I've had at other places), so I didn't feel too guilty eating it. :) I would definitely have this again. Next, I tried a "Beach Ball." It's a hand rolled sweet potato ball with bacon, jalapeno, and cheddar cheese in Firestone DBA batter, filled with ranch and topped with red wine glaze. Yep, these are dangerous. I could eat these all day long.
My kids had just a simple grilled cheese and fries. The server made sure they each had their own plate as well as kid's water cups and coloring pages. They were well taken care of. I even stole some fries. It's a good thing I don't know how to make them myself!
Everything I tried was delicious and it is clear that they take pride in what they do. Everyone there was friendly, kind and courteous. I would LOVE to work with them at a wedding or other event. I have no doubt that they would do a wonderful job and be exactly what you would want in a wedding caterer.
1. How would you categorize your cuisine?
Modern BBQ and beyond
2. Where does the food come from? Do you use organic or sustainably sourced ingredients?
Our beef is from Brave Heart Beef - DNA Traceback for 95% Black Angus - US sourced.
Ground beef from Pismo Beach Teixeira Cattle Company
Vegetables are mostly from local farmer's markets
3. For catering, do you prepare the food on site or will it arrive already prepared?
We do whatever the bride wants. I prefer to cook on site, but some venues don't allow it.
4. Do you have a special catering menu?
And anything people can imagine!
5. If a bride has a special dish that she loves but it's not on your menu, would you accommodate that?
Of course! I love to create dishes that make people happy. I cook plenty of tri-tip and chicken. I love
changing it up!
6. What serving styles do you offer?
Plated dinner, buffet lines, family style
7. Do you do wedding cakes?
Not fancy, super decorated cakes. We have a baker that does tiered cakes.
8. If an outside cake designer is used, do you offer cake cutting? If so, is there a fee for that?
Yes we do. There is no fee.
9. If cake is not served, do you offer other dessert options?
We do full dessert bars, ice cream bars and candy bars.
10. Do you offer menu tasting and is there a charge for it?
We do a full menu tasting for free.
11. Do you handle rental equipment such as tables, chairs, etc.?
We can, but we prefer not to. If it's a deal breaker, yes.
12. What types of linens, glassware, plates, etc. do you provide?
We use Taylor Rental for 90% of our events.
13. Do you provide alcoholic beverages and bartenders?
Yes, we can provide beer and wine, but can serve and bartend full bars.
14. What beverages are included with the meal cost, if any?
It depends on the package. We can provide or just service them.
15. How long will it take your team to set up and tear down for an event?
Buffet - 1:20-25
Full Service - 1:12-15
16. What is the ratio of servers to guests?
Event appropriate attire. Black slacks, white collar and tie...or like cowboys, if requested.
17. What sets you apart from all the other catering options out there?
The quality of our food, the ability to adapt for any venue, professional service and our willingness to
go the extra mile to make sure that each wedding is exactly how the bride envisions it.
From everything I saw while I was at The Rib Line, any wedding would lucky to have them as their caterer. I really hope to work with them soon!